Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sean Avery Apologizes

"I would like to sincerely apologize for my off-color remarks to the press yesterday from Calgary," Avery said. "I should not have made those comments and I recognize that they were inappropriate.

"It was a bad attempt to build excitement for the game, but I am now acutely aware of how hurtful my actions were. I caused unnecessary embarrassment to my peers as well as people I have been close with in the past.

"I apologize for offending the great fans of the NHL, the commissioner, my teammates, my coaching staff and the Dallas Stars management and ownership. As many of you know, I like to mix it up on and off the ice from time to time, but understand that this time I took it too far."


We will see if this will lessen the length of the indefinite suspension. The Stars have to be missing Sean Avery, as their one and only winning streak of the season ended Wednesday night with the 5-2 loss to Edmonton. Besides Mike Modano's two goals, the Stars looked dreadful. While Avery is a great player, he wouldn't have helped much as the Stars were manhandled all evening. Marty Turco only stopped 17 out of the 22 shots he faced, ending any hope that he is starting to get back to his old form. Will we see a Turco apology to Stars fans for his poor play? Doubtful.

--ND

No comments: